Joyce Maroney, executive director of The Workforce Institute at Kronos Incorporated – who retired this week, 13 years after founding the global think tank – invites incoming Executive Director Dr. Chris Mullen on her final episode of The Workforce Institute Radio Podcast to discuss the past, present, and future of The Workforce Institute.
Dr. Mullen brings more than 15 years of experience as a human resources (HR) leader and practitioner, driven by a dedication for compassionate leadership and doing well by doing good – making him a natural fit to lead the global think tank into the future and continue the important research and thought leadership culled from its global advisory board members.
In this episode, Maroney and Dr. Mullen examine what this ‘passing of the torch’ means for The Workforce Institute and the potential for the future, including:
- Maroney’s thoughts on the major achievements of The Workforce Institute, including critical workplace issues and best practices the think tank has helped surface and reshape over the years;
- The special value of the interdisciplinary knowledge of The Workforce Institute’s global advisory board of HCM and workforce management thought leaders;
- Research and critical insights produced by The Workforce Institute that Maroney is most proud of, including the annual Super Bowl Fever absenteeism study and 4-Day Workweek research; and
- Mullen’s vision for the future of The Workforce Institute based on his time on the advisory board, his career expertise, and the current market landscape.
The Workforce Institute provides research and education on critical workplace issues facing organizations around the globe. By bringing together thought leaders, The Workforce Institute is uniquely positioned to empower organizations with the knowledge and information they need to manage their workforces effectively and provide a voice for employees on important workplace issues. A hallmark of The Workforce Institute's research is balancing the needs and desires of diverse employee populations with the needs of organizations. For additional information, visit www.workforceinstitute.org.
- Read the announcement of Dr. Chris Mullen as the new executive director of The Workforce Institute at Kronos, succeeding retiring Founder Joyce Maroney on July 1, 2020, as well as a retrospective of the think tank’s research since 2007.
- Subscribe to follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Learn about the complementary Ultimate and Kronos Equity at Work Council (EWC), an interdisciplinary group of innovators and practitioners working together to understand and develop the science underpinning diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B).
- Listen to other episodes of The Workforce Institute Radio Podcast and subscribe to the Apple Podcast channel.
- For practical guidance supporting employee well-being and workforce productivity, visit the Managing Through Times of Uncertainty resource center.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Kronos merged with Ultimate Software on April 1, 2020, to create one of the world’s most innovative HCM and workforce management companies. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
About Ultimate Software
Ultimate Software is a leading global provider of cloud human capital management (HCM) and employee experience solutions, with more than 51 million people records in the cloud. Ultimate’s award-winning UltiPro delivers HR, payroll, talent, and time and labor management, as well as HR service delivery solutions. Founded in 1990, Ultimate is headquartered in Weston, Florida, and employs more than 6,000 professionals. To learn more, visit www.ultimatesoftware.com. Ultimate Software: People First.
© 2020 Kronos Incorporated and Ultimate Software. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. UltiPro is a registered trademark of The Ultimate Software Group, Inc. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.