Interdisciplinary Group Explores Science Behind Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging in the Workplace
Ultimate Software and Kronos Incorporated today announced the Equity at Work Council (EWC), an interdisciplinary group of innovators and practitioners working together to understand and develop the science underpinning diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B).
- Formed in November 2019 by bringing together renowned thought leaders, the goal of the EWC is to educate employers on evidence-based strategies to achieve and maintain more open, inclusive cultures. The council comprises a blend of academic, not-for-profit, and business leaders who share a passion and commitment to eradicating all workplace inequities.
- The EWC, funded and operated by Ultimate and Kronos, will focus on three primary initiatives:
- An annual research study to explore the multi-dimensional aspects of DEI&B at work;
- An Equity at Work Index ([email protected] Index) to establish and benchmark the quantitative and qualitative drivers of workplace equity; and
- A series of open-source tools and resources that help organizations identify and overcome barriers to DEI&B.
- Work has already begun to develop the [email protected] Index through a partnership with the non-profit Science of Diversity & Inclusion (SODI) Initiative. A comprehensive literature review is being conducted to identify existing diversity measures, indices, and methods used to measure equity at work. The Index is expected to be available by the end of 2020.
- The EWC’s 15 founding members bring together organizations across industries and academia including, Jordana Kammerud of Claire’s, Stanford T. Williams, Jr. of Messer Construction, Colleen Wood of Level Access, Natalie J. Egan of Translator Inc., and Marco Iacoboni of the UCLA Brain Research Institute.
- To get involved, individuals can join the Equity at Work Social Room LinkedIn Group, an online destination for global conversations about how #justnessforall can be actively advanced, and a future of work can be created that works for all people.
- The EWC complements The Workforce Institute, a think tank established by Kronos in 2007 that provides research and education on critical workplace issues facing organizations around the globe with a unique focus on providing a voice for frontline employees.
- The Workforce Institute recently announced the pending retirement of Founder Joyce Maroney, who will be succeeded by Dr. Chris Mullen, director of HCM strategic advisory services at Kronos. Dr. Mullen is also a member of the EWC.
- To learn more about the Equity at Work Council, visit equityatworkcouncil.com.
- Dr. Jarik Conrad, executive director, Equity at Work Council
“We are encouraged to see so many organizations taking steps toward implementing diversity programs over the last decade, and we believe that incorporating the best available science will help organizations realize their goal of truly inclusive workplaces. The Ultimate and Kronos Equity at Work Council is unique because it uses a multifaceted approach to get a more complete understanding of who we are and why we behave the way we do.”
- Neela Rajendra, executive director, SODI
“Transformative insights from research rarely translate to action in organizations. Our partnership with the Equity at Work Council will help us create tighter collaborations between researchers and companies, which will, in turn, lead to faster discovery, adoption, and traction of evidenced-based methods for success across all sectors.”
- Join the Equity at Work Social Room LinkedIn Group for global conversations about how #justnessforall can be advanced and a future of work can be created that works for all people.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Follow Ultimate Software on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Subscribe to The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern frontline workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture.
- Follow Kronos blogs about workforce management and HR trends.
- Kronos CEO Aron Ain shares how to transform employee engagement into a growth strategy in his book, “WorkInspired: How to Build an Organization Where Everyone Loves to Work.”
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Kronos merged with Ultimate Software on April 1, 2020, to create one of the world’s most innovative HCM and workforce management companies. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
About Ultimate Software
Ultimate Software is a leading global provider of cloud human capital management (HCM) and employee experience solutions, with more than 51 million people records in the cloud. Ultimate’s award-winning UltiPro delivers HR, payroll, talent, and time and labor management, as well as HR service delivery solutions. Founded in 1990, Ultimate is headquartered in Weston, Florida, and employs more than 6,000 professionals. To learn more, visit www.ultimatesoftware.com. Ultimate Software: People First.
© 2020 Kronos Incorporated and Ultimate Software. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. UltiPro is a registered trademark of The Ultimate Software Group, Inc. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.