Wednesday, February 19, 2020, LOWELL, Mass.
Lee Health Targets Clinical Excellence with Kronos
Leveraging workforce technology from Kronos Incorporated to cultivate an exceptional employee experience, Florida’s largest public health system, Lee Health, is creating an environment where people at all levels feel inspired and empowered to focus on patient care. Lee Health will adopt a set of clinically focused staffing tools to extend the capabilities of its existing Workforce Scheduler for Healthcare solution to both deliver on its promise to continually improve the patient experience and distinguish itself as an employer of choice in a competitive healthcare market.
- Kronos helps streamline care delivery at Lee Health, where performance excellence and patient satisfaction are always the central focus. Supported by a staff of more than 14,000 employees, Lee Health operates four acute care hospitals and two specialty hospitals in Southwest Florida, where it serves more than 1.5 million patients each year.
- Lee Health will enhance its existing automated scheduling solution from Kronos with a series of powerful healthcare extensions designed to help nursing leaders equitably distribute workload based on unique patient care needs; assign the right nurse to the right patient to deliver high-quality care; minimize compliance risks; and maximize shift-based productivity.
- The clinically focused staffing tool will ensure safe and equitable workload distribution based on level-of-care intensity, patient census, and patient churn rate. Nursing leaders will be able to proactively manage staffing needs at the bedside and create balanced assignments that reflect staff workload, competencies, and continuity of care – providing a clinically excellent experience for patients and staff.
- Rather than assigning anyone with the appropriate license to fill an immediate need, nurses will be given more opportunity to practice at the top of their license – utilizing their skills to the fullest – to ensure that patients at Lee Health receive the care they need and deserve from the most qualified professional.
- Intelligent volume forecasts reflect weekly, daily, and shift-level patient flow patterns so Lee Health will be able to intelligently match nursing resources to real demand, giving staff more predictability in their work schedules.
- Data-driven reports provide leadership with a snapshot of up-to-date system compliance metrics across the entire organization, as well as the status of individual facilities, departments, and units. Managers and supervisors will be able make informed decisions in the moment based on budget and productivity targets to accurately determine current, future, and partial-shift staffing needs.
- Integrating the Kronos staffing solution with an electronic medical record (EMR) system will provide Lee Health with a more comprehensive clinical picture of patient needs, enabling nursing leaders to accurately calculate how many nursing hours are needed in a given situation.
- Lee Health will implement the healthcare scheduler extensions with personalized support from Kronos customer success and strategic healthcare advisory teams to achieve the greatest value from its Kronos investment.
- Lisa Sgarlata, chief patient care officer, chief nurse executive, Lee Health
“Lee Health is on an ever-lasting journey to improve the patient experience, and technology is a critical piece. With Kronos, we are refining our staffing and scheduling processes to streamline day-to-day work for our staff and provide patients with the best possible care by aligning their needs with the most-qualified nurse available. Having the ability to make data-driven, acuity-based staffing decisions is a differentiator for our organization – especially when recruiting talent – and is fully aligned with our mission to achieve clinical excellence.”
- Nanne Finis, RN, MS, chief nurse executive, Kronos
“The best possible care for patients is delivered by an engaged and passionate workforce – individuals who are empowered by technology to most effectively utilize their specific skills and knowledge. Lee Health will promote its performance excellence model across the organization with healthcare scheduler extensions from Kronos, ensuring that each patient receives care from the nurse who is most qualified to treat them while empowering nurses to use their own professional judgement when determining workload intensity. Lee Health is prioritizing patient experience above all.”
- About Lee Health.
- Feel Better About Digital Transformation: Visit Kronos in booth #1458 at HIMSS20, Mar. 9-13, in Orlando, Florida. Request a meeting at HIMSS.
- New research from The Workforce Institute at Kronos examines the current state of digital transformation in healthcare and navigates employee expectations for the future of work.
- Check out the new e-book on inspiring the healthcare workforce, based on Kronos CEO Aron Ain’s book, “WorkInspired: How to Build an Organization Where Everyone Loves to Work.”
- Read the fourth anthology from The Workforce Institute at Kronos titled, “Being Present: A Practical Guide for Transforming the Employee Experience of Your Frontline Workforce.”
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
About Lee Health
Since the opening of the first hospital in 1916, Lee Health has been a health care leader in Southwest Florida, constantly evolving to meet the needs of the community. A non-profit, integrated health care services organization, Lee Health is committed to the well-being of every individual served, focused on healthy living and maintaining good health. Staffed by caring people, inspiring health, services are conveniently located throughout the community in four acute care hospitals, two specialty hospitals, outpatient centers, walk-in medical centers, primary care and specialty physician practices and other services across the continuum of care. Learn more at www.LeeHealth.org.
© 2020 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.