Monday, November 16, 2020, LONDON, U.K.
Hungry Lion Selects UKG Dimensions to Enhance Employee Experience, Digital Transformation, and Rapid Expansion
Hungry Lion, a fast-growing quick-service restaurant chain in South Africa, has selected the UKG Dimensions cloud suite from UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group), in collaboration with Altron Systems Integration, to accelerate its digital transformation and support its expansion efforts, as well as empower managers and employees through an unparalleled user experience.
- Hungry Lion, which was established in 1997 by Shoprite Holdings, Africa’s largest food retailer, has rapidly expanded its footprint over the last several years, growing to nearly 250 locations with 5,000 employees spread across seven African countries. Independent from Shoprite Holdings since 2018, Hungry Lion has aspirations of growing to 300 stores in more countries in the near future.
- Keeping pace with its rapid growth, investment in technology, and focus on employee experience, Hungry Lion selected UKG Dimensions (formerly known as Workforce Dimensions from Kronos) via Altron Systems Integration to:
- Empower employees via a mobile-first, consumer-grade platform designed for speed and efficiency. A personalized home screen clearly shows information relevant to each employee’s daily jobs, such as features to punch in and out, swap shifts, view long-term work schedules for flexible work-life balance, create leave requests, and receive important notifications—all in a single screen view reducing manual, time-consuming administrative tasks so they can focus on value-added activities.
- Arm restaurant and chain managers with critical business volume and sales forecasts via advanced scheduling capabilities powered by AIMEE—the AI engine for managers and employees—to drive the best possible customer experience. These data insights and intelligent forecasting will help Hungry Lion align volume with demand and gives employees greater control over their work preferences all while helping the restaurant chain comply with regulatory requirements and company policies.
- Unlock previously hidden workforce data for Hungry Lion managers and leaders to access actionable visualizations and KPIs, such as attendance information and labor cost, to help uncover insightful patterns and trends for more informed decision making. Leaders can also identify problem areas, drill down to uncover root causes, and take appropriate action.
- Arend Brink, chief information officer, Hungry Lion
“At Hungry Lion, we place great emphasis on more—more value, more variety, and, with UKG Dimensions, more engaged employees. We’ve been on a path of rapid expansion and investment in modern technology to better serve our employees and delight our customers. Altron Systems Integration’s regional market knowledge and professionalism, coupled with the consumer-grade usability and rich insights we’ll gain from UKG Dimensions is a natural fit as we drive our core purpose: to provide joy to our employees, customers, and local communities through food, served with passion.”
- Leslie Moodley, managing director, Altron Systems Integration
“As a truly innovative and people-first organization, Hungry Lion will derive immense value from UKG Dimensions. Streamlining everyday tasks for its people and digitally transforming its systems to adapt to the new future of work will keep Hungry Lion among the leading organizations in the South African region.”
- Nicole Bello, vice president, small and midsized business and channel, EMEA, UKG
“The synergies of the corporate values shared among Hungry Lion, Altron Systems Integration, and UKG is uncanny. To put people at the center of your organization as your most valuable asset is something that we hold to in the highest regard. Working with these fantastic organizations to achieve elevated employee engagement, satisfied customers, and better business results via a truly next-gen workforce management solution has been an honor and a privilege.”
- About Hungry Lion.
- About UKG.
- Follow UKG on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Read the report: Gartner Peer Insights “Voice of the Customer”: Cloud HCM Suites for 1,000+ Employee Enterprises, Peer Contributors (Publication: February 18, 2020).
- Subscribe to The Workforce Institute at UKG and follow the think tank on Twitter for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern frontline workforce to drive engagement and performance.
At UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group), Our Purpose Is People. Built from a merger that created one of the largest cloud companies in the world, UKG believes organizations succeed when they focus on their people. As a leading global provider of HCM, payroll, HR service delivery, and workforce management solutions, UKG’s award-winning Pro, Dimensions, and Ready solutions help tens of thousands of organizations across geographies and in every industry drive better business outcomes, improve HR effectiveness, streamline the payroll process, and help make work a better, more connected experience for everyone. UKG has more than 12,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. The company has earned numerous awards for its culture, products, and services, including consecutive years on Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For list. To learn more, visit www.ukg.com.
About Altron Systems Integration
Altron Systems Integration is an end-to-end ICT service provider of consulting, implementation, and outsourcing services with a clear go-to-market in industries like financial services, retail, mining and manufacturing, the public sector, and more. With our scale and deep knowledge across ICT, we partner with clients to drive value and optimise investments in legacy systems and infrastructure and to help organisations embark on their digital transformation journeys.
© 2020 UKG Inc. All rights reserved. For a full list of UKG trademarks, please visit www.ukg.com/trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change.