Three More Scheduling Reports and TONS of Data to Support Your Information Access
In my last blog, Nine New Reports That Will Improve Scheduling and Staffing in Healthcare, I shared several new reports to help healthcare leaders with the critical process of scheduling and staffing.
But wait! There’s more. Our engineering team keeps delivering! You now have access to three more key reports in Release 7 Update 3, which was released in April. Additionally, you can design the dataviews you need to support how you do business with a multitude of new data points added to Information Access.
New Reports in R7 Update 3
First, let’s dive into the three new reports. As with the reports reviewed in my last blog, the primary users of these reports are department managers, supervisors, charge nurses, or staffing office team members.
- Employee Schedule Monthly — This report shows monthly schedules for employees by their primary location or Hyperfind. Additionally, you can quickly identify when employees are working away from their primary location.
- Open Shifts — Building the perfect schedule is challenging. Often the schedule is posted with open shifts. Then employees call out, which creates additional open shifts. UKG Dimensions™ offers many tools to expedite visibility so you can quickly fill these shifts with qualified team members. From a reporting perspective, the Open Shifts report displays open shifts for each job in the selected locations for up to 28 days on a single page. Open shifts are grouped by span, then job, and shown with shift labels or shift times. Additionally, there is an option to indicate shift transfers.
- Location Schedule with Coverage — Do you like the Location Schedule report but also need to ensure you have sufficient coverage? Manually adding up staff is tedious, error-prone, and time-consuming. The Location Schedule with Coverage report adds pay code edits and coverage counts by role so you can quickly verify you have sufficient staff for each role per zone or shift set.
Information Access and Dataviews
Reports are great. But sometimes you need something unique and specific to your environment. Or you might want to dive a bit deeper into the data to understand a new trend. Let’s shift our focus to information access and dataviews.
The UKG Product and Engineering team continues to make more data available to you via information access. Your UKG Dimensions system administrators can use this data to create custom dataviews and tiles for various users across your organization. Below are a few examples, and we’ve included a complete list of newly available data elements in the UKG Dimensions Release Notes.
Timeseries trending — An administrator can create dataviews and reports that show UKG Dimensions Analytics data over time. You can summarize metrics and key performance indicator(KPIs) from the analytics component by calendar day, week, month, or quarter to allow users to identify trends in critical areas like overtime and absenteeism.
Data elements to support people and access management
|People information||Person record information||Generic data access profiles|
|User Account Status Effective Date||Time Entry Method||Analytics Labor Type|
|Account Locked Indicator||Paycodes “Edit” Profile – Employee||Delegate Profile|
|Clock Only User Indicator||Paycodes “Edit” Profile – Manager||Employee Role Indicator|
|Last Password Change Date||Paycodes “View” Profile – Manager||Generic Data Access Profile (Default)|
|Generic Data Access Profile (Default)||Work Rule Profile – Employee||Hyperfind Query for Home Employees|
|Generic Data Access Profile Start/End Date||Work Rule Profile – Manager||Locale Policy|
|Employment Terms Start Date||Home Labor Category Description||Logon Profile|
|Hourly Wage Rate Effective Date||Home Cost Center Description||Manager Role Indicator Notification Profile|
|Job Transfer Set Effective Date (Employee)|
|Badge Effective Time|
|Badge Expiration Time|
Beyond all those great data points, we’ve added many more to help put the information you need at your fingertips!
Assigned functional access profile (FAP) — Need to understand what permissions a user has? As part of the audit data available for use in dataviews and reports, we’ve created a new data column to provide the FAP assigned to the user who entered or edited a timecard transaction at the time of that transaction.
Schedule rule violations — The entity allows users to create employee and business structure dataviews containing schedule rule violations. Additionally, we’ve added columns to the schedule events, schedule tag, and scheduled shift entities to identify on-call shifts. New columns have also been added to the schedule metrics by day (location) entity to report scheduled and actual hours and associated hours per volume.
The following data elements will help you understand the details of cover requests and open shift requests. Please note that because of the differences in granularity of data returned, we recommend against combining these into a single dataview:
- Cover request and open shift request provide the details of a cover request that an employee submitted, and they provide data at the granularity of one row per cover shift segment requested
- Cover request status history and open shift request history show the audit trail of a cover request, and provide data at the granularity of one row per request status change
We hope you will find these additional data elements helpful for your ongoing reporting and data analysis needs. In the UKG Dimensions Release Notes, you can review many more, including audit schedule, employee shift swap and self-schedule request data, and job path, to name just a few.
Don’t forget you can turn dataviews into tiles on the home page to have the information at your team’s fingertips.
Last, here are three UKG Dimensions Online Help resources to help you get the most from all of these new data elements: