Stay in the Know – 10 UKG Ready Enhancements from the June Release
Brad Nycz, UKG Ready suite customer success manager and former customer, is back at it. He’s highlighted nine enhancements from our upcoming June Release, R75, and he’s positive you all will fall in love with them. Follow along and see how you can use these exciting enhancements to help with your day-to-day responsibilities!
Cross Product Enhancements
1. Dashboard Tab Library: Danny, an HR admin, recently attended our virtual UKG Huddle. His favorite session of the day was the UKG Ready session on the new dashboard experience. There was so much his organization could do with all the new functionality and he was looking forward to the release of the Dashboard Library Tab. The Dashboard Library Tab allows Danny to manage content from a variety of dashboards in one place. Not only does this save him tons of time, but it also allows him to leverage the same content on multiple dashboards.
a. Who will use it: Admins
2. Custom Tab Added to Dashboard Tab Library: While reading through the release notes, Danny sees that a custom tab has recently been added to the Dashboard Tab Library. This is perfect! By adding this custom tab, Danny now has the ability to assign the dashboard to several dashboard layout profiles at once. He no longer has to jump in and out of different profiles to create dashboards. This makes rolling out dashboards so much easier for all admins at Danny’s organization.
a. Who will use it: Admins
3. Publish Changes from the Dashboard Configuration Page: Danny is loving all the dashboard functionality that is being released in June! With this dashboard enhancement, Danny can publish any changes he makes right from the dashboard configuration page. So, as he is working on rolling out new dashboards to his organization, he can work on creating and publishing them as he goes. This enhancement saves Danny time and streamlines the dashboard creation process.
a. Who will use it: Admins
4. “My To Do” Items: Save View, Save as View, and Manage Views Added: The latest “My To Do” functionality is another enhancement Danny’s organization is looking forward to in the June release. Admins and managers can now use Save View, Save as View, and Manage Views Added in their to-do list, meaning they can customize their to-do list views based on how they use this list. Danny can now have a specific view related to his team of HR admins, while his friend Melissa, a payroll admin, can customize her view with payroll items. Each day when Danny comes in, the view is exactly what he needs to see and he is able to respond to actions quickly, allowing him to get back out with the employees.
a. Who will use it: Admins and Managers
*All enhancements in this section can be found in the Cross Product Release Notes.
1. Added Seniority and Skill Level as Criteria When Auto Assigning Shifts: Jackson works as the scheduling manager at a local manufacturing organization in his city. He’s ecstatic to find out about this latest scheduler enhancement, which allows seniority and skill level to be taken into account when auto assigning shifts. For his organization, seniority and skill level are essential pieces of information needed when scheduling, since some shifts may require a certain skill from the employees. Being able to indicate what seniority and skill level are needed during specific shifts allows Jackson to now be able to take full advantage of the auto assigning shifts capability.
a. Who will use it: Managers/Production Schedulers
b. Where is it: Scheduler Release Notes
2. Custom Forms for LOA: Thomas works in HR and has recently taken on the responsibility of maintaining the Leave of Absence process. For his organization, there are several custom forms employees must fill out as part of this process. Thanks to this enhancement, these custom forms can now be added to and managed through the Leave of Absence process. So, anything that is unique to his organization can be included within the process in UKG Ready. Now everything is stored in one place and Thomas has a significant amount of time back in his day.
a. Who will use it: HR Admins and Employees
b. Where is it: TLM Release Notes
1. Performance Goals: Gina was recently promoted to be a new people manager. At the beginning of the year, she stepped into a role that gave her two direct reports. As she was reading through the release notes, she came across a performance enhancement and it quickly became something she was going to keep an eye on. When it comes to performance goals, this enhancement will allow Gina and her team to set goals as private or public. If goals are set to public, Gina can cascade goals across her team, aligning their efforts toward several common goals during the year.
a. Who will use it: Managers, Employees, and Admins
2. Job Application PDF Download: Mary, one of Gina’s direct reports, is a recruiter who hosted a successful career fair to fill the many openings they have at her organization. She wants to be able to sit down and review her top pool of candidates with Sara, the hiring manager. With this new enhancement, Mary was able to download copies of the applications for her top 10 candidates for Sara and her to review. This really simplified the process and focused their discussion on the applicants, making sure they selected their next great hire.
a. Who will use it: Recruiters and Hiring Managers
3. Offer Letter Workflows: Back in the December release, UKG Ready released functionality surrounding Offer Letters and it quickly became a lifesaver for Gina and her team. In the June release, this functionality is continuing to grow. With this new functionality, Gina and her team can customize their offer letters to make them specific to their organization. They can now completely customize the way their organization extends offers to candidates.
a. Who will use it: Recruiters
4. Preboarding/Onboarding: Gina is also looking forward to the release of the preboarding portal. It’s a gamechanger when it comes to onboarding new employees. The preboarding portal allows recruiters like Gina to maintain some level of engagement with their new hires. She can upload information about their organization and culture to get the employee familiar with the company. She can also upload employee paperwork for new hires to get started on before their first day, saving everyone tons of time. Gina knows that starting at a new organization isn’t easy, and the preboarding portal is going to be an amazing resource for new hires and recruiters alike.
a. Who will use it: Recruiters and Applicants
*All enhancements in this section can be found in the HR Release Notes.
As a reminder, UKG Ready will be deprecating four classic pages during its rolling June release: the classic employee profile, the classic timesheet, the classic pay prep page, and the classic time prep page.
Please make sure to keep an eye out for in-product notifications and emails from UKG Ready to find out when your organization will be retiring these classic pages. For more information, please make sure to register for one of our Weekly Training Sessions, check out our product demos, and head on over to our Release Readiness page on the UKG Kronos Community to explore our product walkthroughs.
- For 24/7 access to release notes and user guides for the classic user experience, log in to your account and go to Our Company > Download Documents > Service Provider Documents within the UKG Ready solution.
- For 24/7 access to release notes and user guides, log in to your account and go to My Info > My Learning > Product Documentation within the UKG Ready solution.
- Bookmark the Release Readiness page in UKG Kronos Community for everything you need to learn about what’s new and what’s next.
- Visit the Announcements group in UKG Kronos Community to stay up to date on published release notes and future release dates.
- Alert groups provide you with important notifications on critical system updates. Not sure which alert group to join? Click here.
- To share ideas about new UKG Ready features or enhancements and to vote on fellow users’ ideas, log in to UKG Kronos Community and visit the IDEAS section.
- Review our technical highlights for easy reference to key release notes.
The content from this blog post is courtesy of Brad Nycz, customer success manager and former Kronos customer. Brad identifies key features in recent releases, and Amanda translates them into story form. We hope you enjoyed this article on release 75! Please stay tuned for more real-life, relatable examples about UKG Ready features in action.