Our purpose at UKG can only be realized when our employees feel respected and safe bringing their whole selves to a workplace where everyone has a voice. We pride ourselves on the inclusive work culture we’ve brought to life at UKG, where unique perspectives and intersecting identities are not only welcomed, but sought out, celebrated, and well-represented—and where everyone has abundant opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
“As a member of the UKG senior leadership team and the LGBTQIA+ community, the energy and effort that UKG puts into making sure we feel a sense of belonging goes beyond platitudes,” says Jane Graham, group vice president of relationship management and an executive sponsor of the UKG PRIDE employee resource group. “UKG celebrates who I am through words and actions, and I truly feel part of what makes UKG a special company—one that recognizes the power of an employee base built on belonging. As UKG continues to find unique ways to further that sense of belonging, the executive team works closely with ERGs such as PRIDE to help guide us on how to do so authentically and consistently, not only during Pride month, but year-round.”
In honor of Pride Month, here are 10 ways UKG is showing up for our LGBTQIA+ U Krewers—this month and all year round:
- Family Formation Benefits for All Families (includes Adoption, Foster Care, Surrogacy Assistance, and IVF Coverage): UKG recognizes and celebrates that families are formed in many different ways. The adoption and surrogacy assistance benefit programs provide reimbursement to help offset the cost of qualified adoption and surrogacy expenses. UKG also provides extensive medical coverage for IVF services.
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation Corporate Equality Index: UKG has received a 100% score on the Corporate Equality Index (CEI)—a top benchmarking survey and report administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation that measures corporate policies and practices related to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer workplace equality. The score, which certifies UKG as a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality, takes into consideration UKG’s comprehensive medical benefits, including gender-affirming care for employees and their enrolled dependents.
- 2023 Out & Equal Workplace Summit: The Out & Equal Workplace Summit is the largest LGBTQ+ workplace equality event in the world. As a bronze-level sponsor, UKG sponsors 10 employees to attend in-person and 10 virtually. UKG hosts a LGBTQIA+ reception during the conference and two additional webinars for all U Krewers to attend. Out & Equal is a valuable year-round partner in helping to build an inclusive and welcoming culture at UKG.
- Pronoun Sharing: As a form of allyship, all UKG employees are encouraged to share their pronouns in Microsoft Teams and email signatures, as well as when communicating with customers via phone support.
- UKG is GenderCool: UKG is a gold-level partner of The GenderCool Project, a youth-led movement bringing positive change to the world. GenderCool’s teenage Champions are transgender and non-binary youth who are helping to reshape the misinformed opinions some have of the transgender and non-binary community by sharing positive experiences and interactions. GenderCool provides resources essential to helping families better understand what comes next and provides a community of love and support for those that want to do the best for their kids.
- Pride Month Giving Campaign: Throughout the month of June, U Krewers can donate to the Transgender Law Center, the largest national trans-led organization advocating self-determination for all people. This campaign follows a successful giving campaign in May where U Krewers donated to The Trevor Project, a non-profit, focused on suicide prevention efforts among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning youth.
- Employee Resource Groups: PRIDE, one of nine ERGs at UKG, is dedicated to driving inclusion for members of the LGBTQIA+ community, allies, and all UKG employees; all ERGs at UKG have a tangible impact on the business. PRIDE also includes multiple Pods—groups where employees can discuss topics, such as Pride Parents (read more about how U Krewer parents celebrate the LGBTQIA+ community here). To support ERG members and their children attending college/university, UKG offers a Belonging, Diversity, and Equity ERG scholarship to recognize students who demonstrate a drive to support belonging, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Pride Parades: U Krewers throughout the country participate in Pride parades, including in Boston, South Florida, Indianapolis, virtually, and more. Additional events include drag bingo, a fireside chat with Prince Manvendra Singh Gohil, a webinar on fostering LGBTQIA+ allyship at work, and more. U Krewers also participate in parades around the world, including Sydney WorldPride 2023.
- Unified Foundational Learning: All UKG employees around the world have access to Unified Foundational Learning, a social learning platform designed to help U Krewers gain professional and personal skills to assist UKG in building an even more inclusive culture for all. The content sparks discussion, action, and reflection while encouraging tiny but powerful habits of inclusion into our daily routines. Topics include the importance of belonging, embracing diversity, and cultivating inclusion.
- Employee Assistance Program: UKG partners with a provider for this free, confidential service that offers support for personal or work/life balance issues employees experience. It provides short-term counseling, research, consultation, and referral services for employees and their family.